Ornament boxes are the boxes used to store, ship, display and sell ornaments. They have an internal fence partition which is used to keep ornaments at safe distance and to protect them.
The ornament boxes are used by the companies as well as individuals. Individuals need these boxes to arrange, store and keep safe their personal precious belongings: their gold or artificial ornaments.
Companies need custom ornament boxes to lure the retailers into buying their products because those ornament boxes are simply so attractive and compelling and they also need those for their customers who buy a whole range of Christmas ornaments or jewelry.
In this blog post, I am going to help you develop the better understanding of the ornament boxes, what they are and why it is important to have customized and beautiful ornament boxes at home.
It is convenient to buy ornaments with ornament boxes or even without them, from good companies, but if you think that you already have a lot of Christmas, party and personal ornaments at home and you do not want to buy a box online to keep them safe, you can make one yourself.
An ornament box, when we get down to its structure, is basically a box with inner fence or trays to keep delicate items from getting brushed with each other and getting damaged. You can make one with simple and easy to find items.
Before ever we get down to it, let us see what are the ornament boxes?
- Ornament Boxes
So what are the ornament boxes? To understand this, let us first understand as to what is an ornament. The ornament is an attractive and decorative item that can be used to decorate a person, thing or place for a special occasion.
Ornaments, as we mostly know them for, are Christmas balls which are used to decorate the Christmas trees and they are meant to replace Holly.
Holly, as we know, is a kind of red colored berry which is considered sacred in the Christian religion and/or culture. Since it is neither affordable nor convenient for everyone to get Holly to decorate their Christmas trees, people use this Christmas ornaments.
To pack these ornaments and keep them safe, companies selling and people buying them, resort to using ornament boxes with internal tray partition, so as to protect the delicate ornaments.
These boxes are made of many different materials. In the market, you can find cardboard ornament boxes as well as cardboard + nylon cover ornament boxes as well as plastic, silicon, and many other material boxes.
These custom designed ornament boxes are not only meant to keep the case-sensitive ornaments safe, but they are also meant to lure the target customers into buying the ornaments packed inside them, and brand for the company.
Now some companies are also making these boxes with die cut window pane through which the customers can see the items packed inside one.
Not only these boxes are getting more and more luxurious, there seems to be no limit to how one can decorate the box. The features of the latest ornament packaging boxes are more leaning towards decoration and style, and less towards safety.
- Why Get Ornament Boxes?
When Christmas is around, people buy ornaments in a big number and they love to send them to others as gifts as well as decorating their home with the contents of these boxes. In order to gift ornaments, other similar decorative items or jewelry to others or keep them at home, one needs to organize them.
Lest we forget, these ornaments or similar items are of a very delicate nature and we buy them in big number because we need them galore. It would be difficult to manage delicate items in a big number if it was not for these ornament boxes.
Also, ornament boxes with all those beautiful ornaments inside, serve the purpose of best decoration pieces. They simply look beautiful and always win praise from the beholders. You can later use the delicate and festive ornament boxes for other purposes, including gift boxes.
خلفيات فكتور صندوق هدايا مسطح Gift boxes background flat colorful ornament Free vector https://t.co/COJoU9mFQo— فكتور العرب (@GFX4ARAB) January 1, 2018
Ornament storage boxes can be later used to store and protect a lot of items such as jewelry, makeup items, toiletry, glassware and many similar products. Not to mention that they can be used as gift boxes as well.
Just remove the internal trey, place the gift, pack and send it to the friend, family or loved one.
- How to Make One at Home?
In the event where you do not have enough cash to buy an ornament box online or from a shop or if you want to stimulate your creative self and want to make one at home, you have to go through the following process and you will get an awesome ornament boxes for your delicate little items including Christmas baubles.
- Get a cardboard box of the same size that you want your ornament box to be
- If you cannot find one at home, make yourself by cutting and gluing cardstock
- Get a fancy fabric gift wrap, use the scissors to cut out the paper exactly and use glue to wrap it around the box
- Do the same with the lid. In the case where you want a die cut lid, use the paper cutter to make a square, rectangular or round hole in the lid and glue a transparent plastic patch inside.
- Now you always have the fancy and beautiful ornament box, but you can do more to make it more beautiful.
- For inside tray, get the paper stock of different colors, cut them into rectangular lengths, make cuts to lower sides of one length and upper of other. Fix and assemble all of them into a trey with equal-sized cubicles.
- Now try the embellishments! Wrap a ribbon horizontally around the box, keeping lid out of it and make a bow on the front. Paste a motif on the lid and leaves as well. To make thinks more ceremonial you can apply glitter, imitation pearl and a lot of other things.
- Another item to consider is the handles or die cut holes to hold onto the box. In case of die cut moving box holes, make them before you apply wrapping paper and other items. However, if you want to add fancy handles, make two holes on both horizontal sides of the box; make a fancy handle by braiding a rope and tying it inside to make sure that rope does not come out.
- This will give you two beautiful rope handles on sides of your box.
This is it. You can follow this step by step process to make your own ornament boxes or, better yet, get them online or from packaging companies in case you do not have the time or will to make them at home. Remember, in case of a big box with layers of ornaments, your treys will be multistory and you will make them with their own cardboard floors. Use glue or tape to do. This way you will just stack one trey over another and have all your ornaments in one box.